Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day 2 Frankenmuth to Sanford 58 miles - Total 126 miles


Day 2 - Rode 58 miles in 93 degree heat and humidity seems to have increased from yesterday.
Started out @ 8:06am temp was Mid 60s left Frankenmuth and headed north, rode through Saginaw south side was pretty depressing bars on windows or boarded up houses throughout the neighborhoods.. Then north side of Saginaw was Malls. I rode around to the west side of Midland stopped at Overlook park to see the massive Dow Chemical complex. Then I connected to the Pere Marquette rail trail and arrived at the campground 3:05. Black Creek State Forrest Campground. Google maps route for day 2  http://goo.gl/maps/A3ze

Stats:
57.9 miles Avg 13.3 Mph
A lot less roadkill than yesterday but I guess most of it was City riding and Tail riding
My Degree stick deodorant melted down and became liquid from the heat in a Ziploc bag along with lots of other toiletries in the same bag such as my toothbrush, Rolaids ETC now everything has a deodorant film on it and my toothbrush has funky taste. My sunblock also leaked into my panniers. So I picked up new deodorant and sunblock at a drugstore in Frankenmuth.
No dogs chasing me again 2 days in a row
So far a total of 122 miles
Tomorrow will be all rail-trails to Hersey, Mi
Dow Chemical Plant complex
BTW the grass is not dead from the chemical plant spewing deadly gasses
 from its smoke stacks, they had a very dry summer 
A tree struggling to keep itself alive at Overlook Park, overlooking Dow Chemical plant.
I was singing the Queen song "Keep Yourself Alive" while taking this picture.
The start of the Pere Marquette trail
Another pic of Dow

No comments:

Post a Comment