Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day 1 Bath, Mi to Frankenmuth 68 miles

Day 1 . 67.7 miles
My bro Mike and I drove from his house in East Lansing to Bath. Mi next to Round Lake, I started out 8:07am temperature was in the mid 60's.
Took a break in Hendersonville at 10:30am and now its 80 degrees.
At 12:30am Android rebooted itself, no GPS  or maps, then 30 seconds later broken spoke on rear wheel freewheel side, I.had freewheel removal tool, replaced spoke got back on the road around 1:15pm.

I arrived at Frankenmuth 3:10pm high temp 91 degree and humidity was not too bad. Checked in to the Jellystone Campground and paid a hefty $40 holiday rate for a site with electricity, but had to fetch my own water which was a 75ft walk to the spigot. I rested for 45 minutes, setup camp took a shower then headed out for some beer and food... . stopped by the Bavarian Inn and had some German food and had 4 German Beers. Then biked back to the campground to hit the hot tube where I soaked my sore muscles and relaxed for about 30 minutes. Looked over my bike, checked spokes and hit the bed (ground) it's about a 3/4 of an inch piece foam(RidgeRest) for my bed.  Here is my route for the day, it is in Google maps and is segmented into about 10 parts. http://goo.gl/maps/RoQM 

Stats:
Averaged 12.4 Mph
Roadkill: Over 30 Raccoons,.does Mi have a Raccoon problem?
2 deer and a few assorted animals found on road dead
No dog chasing events. This is very rare that I can ride over 60 miles and no dogs chasing me which is a real nice thing to happen especially when loaded down with 35 lbs of gear ...
99.5% of all drivers gave me ample room when passing me, kudos to Michigan drivers.

Bavarian Inn
Covered Bridge
Refreshing glass of Dark Beer Uhmmmm

First rest stop Hendersonville
Covered Bridge Profile
Wiener Schnitzel

No comments:

Post a Comment